Twilight Symphonia Pack
Welcome to Twilight Symphonia Pack. If your a visitor in the site please come to this site.
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65129
Members enjoy your stay here in the site.
Twilight Symphonia Pack
Welcome to Twilight Symphonia Pack. If your a visitor in the site please come to this site.
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65129
Members enjoy your stay here in the site.
Twilight Symphonia Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Symphonia Pack

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Visitors Visit Counter
Counter
Free Counter
Creating another site?
Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:53 am by Rirah
Ok guys... me and Miss Night were talking about making a new site with the help of prophpbb, the skin is most likely the same as WolfQuest has... There will be moderators and admins, but Miss Night has to choose who will be one and who will not. Me and her will make the site, but I think we need some help from you too ^^
I would like to hear your opinions as well. So, folks, what do you think?

Comments: 49
The TSP Journey Prologue
Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 12:25 pm by Kratos
Welcome to Twilight Symphonia Pack! This is a fun and experiences pack, but a whole new different one then any other pack. The two worlds were separated 4,000 years ago. And both worlds are fighting for the source of life call "mana". It's what both Sylvarant and Tethe'alla need for their people.

Comments: 0
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Creating another site?
Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:04 pm by Rirah

» The Website and Forum Poll
Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:16 am by Rirah

» How old are you?
Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:07 am by Rirah

Just select text on the page and get instant translation from Google Translate!

Google Translate Client

Creating another site?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rirah
Admin
Rirah

Status
HP:
Creating another site? Left_bar_bleue9000/9999Creating another site? Empty_bar_bleue  (9000/9999)
MP:
Creating another site? Left_bar_bleue8050/9999Creating another site? Empty_bar_bleue  (8050/9999)
Battle Points:
Creating another site? Left_bar_bleue9999/9999Creating another site? Empty_bar_bleue  (9999/9999)

Creating another site? Empty
PostSubject: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:53 am

Ok guys... me and Miss Night were talking about making a new site with the help of prophpbb, the skin is most likely the same as WolfQuest has... There will be moderators and admins, but Miss Night has to choose who will be one and who will not. Me and her will make the site, but I think we need some help from you too ^^
I would like to hear your opinions as well. So, folks, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Soroaluna

Soroaluna

Status
HP:
Creating another site? Left_bar_bleue0/9999Creating another site? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/9999)
MP:
Creating another site? Left_bar_bleue0/9999Creating another site? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/9999)
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:00 am

I think that would be epic! I would love to help out btw.
Hmm, do you have any ideas about the name of it?
Back to top Go down
Rirah
Admin
Rirah

Status
HP:
Creating another site? Left_bar_bleue9000/9999Creating another site? Empty_bar_bleue  (9000/9999)
MP:
Creating another site? Left_bar_bleue8050/9999Creating another site? Empty_bar_bleue  (8050/9999)
Battle Points:
Creating another site? Left_bar_bleue9999/9999Creating another site? Empty_bar_bleue  (9999/9999)

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:04 am

It would be the same name, Twilight Symphinia Pack, but the moderators and the admins can do the same thing that Cana and the others can do on WQ. And I will leave to Miss Night to decide who will be a moderator or an admin.
Back to top Go down
Soroaluna

Soroaluna

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:05 am

That sounds interesting ^^
May I ask, will there be the same colours/colors on wolfquest or ones like these?
Back to top Go down
Rirah
Admin
Rirah

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:07 am

Hmm... this is why I would like to talk to the other folks. Hopefully everyone will see this and comment here. I guess Miss Night can make a skin with the same colors as this one.
Back to top Go down
Soroaluna

Soroaluna

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:08 am

That would be epic! I can't wait to see how it looks! >.<
Back to top Go down
Rirah
Admin
Rirah

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:10 am

There is nothing really stable, we don't know if Kratos or the other will accept...
Back to top Go down
Soroaluna

Soroaluna

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:12 am

I hope they do! It sounds like a brill idea.
Hopefully, the avatar button to get avvies from your computer works if the idea takes place >.<
Back to top Go down
Rirah
Admin
Rirah

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:13 am

Well it most likely looks like WolfQuest, and the moderators can do what the modlets on WQ can do. Here I may be an admin, but I can't do anything >.<
Back to top Go down
Soroaluna

Soroaluna

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:15 am

Ooo, u being an Admin? Scary...
Lol, I dont care what I am on this site all I hope is that the idea takes place so I can stalk on that as well xD
Back to top Go down
Rirah
Admin
Rirah

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:18 am

Yeah, Miss Night thought me on the other site this things. So I most likely know how to do those things. Well hopefully, the folks will accept and the site would be most likely created today ^^
Back to top Go down
Soroaluna

Soroaluna

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:21 am

TODAY?!?!?! WOW! Now I want this site!
I really really really want all of them to say ''YEAH DO IT''
Hmm, and you mean like Admins can lock and stuff so U know how to do that?
Back to top Go down
Rirah
Admin
Rirah

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:23 am

I can't really say that but they can do more than lock and change stuffs ^^
Yes now I know how to lock, move, and many other things ^^
The site is easy to create, Miss Night is really fast at doing it.
After that, you, folks, can create your own topics or whatever you would like.
Back to top Go down
Soroaluna

Soroaluna

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:32 am

Hmm... it sounds fab, I hope they accept! ^^
Back to top Go down
Rirah
Admin
Rirah

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:35 am

Well hopefully, they accept ^^
Back to top Go down
Soroaluna

Soroaluna

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:39 am

Wait, there are two php thingies. There is PhpBB or Prophpbb. Is there even a difference?
Back to top Go down
Rirah
Admin
Rirah

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:41 am

I think Miss Night explained to me the difference ^^
When she gets online here, please ask her. And as well, please don't stray off the main topic, Soroaluna ^^;
Back to top Go down
Soroaluna

Soroaluna

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:42 am

Sorry >.<
And yeah I will.
Anyway, the idea is brill xD
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:12 am

I'd be up for helping create the board, but not assign mods/admins unless it's mandatory- I mean, Kratos, Rirah and Zelos will of course be admins, but after that I'd rather hand over the baton to the Four Seraphim so that they may deal with admins and mods and whatnot.

In the long run, prophpbb has a few perks- better usergroup controls, PM system, topic creation/post replies, and custom BBcode in addition to other stuff, but also a few cons- no chatroom, so I guess it would be an idea to also have an account here for the chatbox and stuff.

Other than that, I'm in agreement with the overall idea on the basis that Rirah, Kratos and Zelos agree too. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/nightangelwolf/nightangelwolf
Rirah
Admin
Rirah

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:16 am

I would up to make Night the admin and mod, since she will do the most job on the site. I would also make the Seraphims moderators ^^ But that's up to Kratos.
Back to top Go down
Soroaluna

Soroaluna

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:21 am

I like that idea Night and thanks for telling me the perks >.<
Also, I think Kratos, Zelos and you Ra Ri Ra would be great Moderators ^^
I can't wait to see if the idea goes on!
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:47 am

Soroaluna wrote:
Wait, there are two php thingies. There is PhpBB or Prophpbb. Is there even a difference?

Ack, totally missed that. There is only a very slight different between them.

ProPHPBB is more automatically installed for you, and is provided as soon as you activate via the registration e-mail.
PHPBB (the same method used by the WQ forums) relies on installation- in effect, you'd need to sign up (or pay) for an independant host, one where you get basically everything necessary to run your own site. It is more complex than regular prophpbb and relies a lot more maintenance and ends up being more time consuming.

For these reasons, I'd suggest sticking to prophpbb for faster upkeep and overall maintenance.
If we were to opt for phpbb, I'd recommend use of http://byethost.com - it's decent, but can end up annoying if the site has more than 30 users active.
It can be overcome if you pay for premium, but at those prices, I'd definitely go against it.

--

Conclusion-
Phpbb forum software, requires manual installation + FTP hosting method- http://www.phpbb.com
ProPHPBB, does not require FTP/manual installation, however lacks MOD use- http://prophpbb.com

In effect, both work very similarly (to my understanding) to the forums of WolfQuest in terms of the Mod Control Panel, actions, Admin Control Panel, banning, warnings... basically everything like the forums we're accustomed to.

--

I'll look around for free and reliable FTP self-hosting web services with unlimited bandwidth in the meantime until a decision is made, though I can't promise anything as most services are premium. A few work-arounds include using BBcode to make our own chatroom/shoutbox, and further BBcode to suit the board.
As far as customizing the entire board image-wise, it could be tricky unless we use a temporary preset and work from the bottom to the top, working out CSS/HTML color code as we go, similar to forumotion's templates and customization options... though slightly trickier.

Another pro is usergroups and assignment of usergroups- you can hide usergroups so you can still appear to be within a color that is not available to the community, you can opt to allow/disallow usergroups appearing on the legend(bottom of the page) if you wish them to show or be hidden. I prefer it for many reasons over forumotion, despite lacking a chatroom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/nightangelwolf/nightangelwolf
Rirah
Admin
Rirah

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:55 am

I don't mind having no chat room since we can keep this forumotion site for chatting easier ^^
But I would vote for prophpbb because it works good and neat ^^
Just three more votes and we will see ^^
Back to top Go down
Soroaluna

Soroaluna

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Thanks Night, I understand now, and yeah, I vote for prophpbb! ^^
Back to top Go down
Percy

Percy

Status
HP:
MP:
Battle Points:

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:52 pm

A new site would be nice. I could help out with it if you like ^^"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creating another site?   Creating another site? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creating another site?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilight Symphonia Pack :: About the Pack :: Announcements and News-
Jump to: